Thursday, February 23, 2012

Music Score Explanation

I made unique symbols for all the sounds that I heard in the listening exercise, and I incorporated the symbols into a music score. I made a line graph music score; the horizontal line indicated the minute that I heard the sound in and the vertical line indicated how loud the sound was. If the sound continued for a long period of time, I drew both the symbol and smaller versions of the symbol near it.
I randomly selected symbols for some of the sounds that I heard. Some of the shapes just popped into my head. I made some of the symbols by building upon symbols that I already made for similar sounds. For example, for cars on the street I picked the letter F with 3 lines as a symbol, but for the trucks I heard on the street I picked an F with four lines; and for the club car I chose an F with 2 lines (Normal F). For whistling, I picked 3 o's for the symbol, but one o was above the other two. I also picked 3 o's for "key's jingling" but with one o below because the same guy that was whistling was also jingling the keys. For spitting, I picked an arrow pointing down for the symbol because the person spit on the ground. I picked two conjoined o's for Security Guard's foot steps and two separated o's for Security Guards conversing. I also made the shape of a butt to indicate the farting noise that I heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment